Sunday, February 21, 2010

Men's Tie to Boy's Tie

http://craftskeepmesane.blogspot.com/2010/01/tutorial-tuesday-childs-tie.html
1) Take a regular tie and tie the back side to the desired length. Once you have the desired length of the tie, measure the size of the child's neck (with a shirt on) and make the loop that length. I always like to go an inch bigger, just in case.


2) Next cut off the long end of the tie right at the knot. Also, put a couple of stitches in the knot so that it will not fall apart, I always do more than necessary just in case.

3) Cut the loop in the middle

4) Attach velcro to the ends of the loop. I stitched the ends of the tie so they wouldn't far apart and then added the velcro.

These work great for babies and toddlers, but I even made on for my 4 year old. I just made it longer. It just looks like a nice skinny tie.

No comments:

Post a Comment