Friday, May 7, 2010

Almond cookies

My mother-in-law introduced me to these. When I think Almond cookie I have to admit I am not immediately jumping for joy but these suckers proved me wrong. They melt in your mouth. They are supposed to be smaller and thicker almost like a thick Checker but this was the first batch and the second batch was gone before I could snap a picture.











Almond Cookies

by Joann Law


Blend:
1 Cup butter
3/4 Cup sugar
1 tsp. Almond extract
In a separate bowl mix:
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
Add the flour mixture 2 T. at a time to the wet ingredients.
Roll into small balls, flatten with the bottom of a glass just slightly. Cook for 7 minutes (they will not look done) at 400 degrees on a lightly greased pan. Cool cookies until they are just warm and place sliced almonds on top of each cookie. Drizzle a spoonful of glaze on top of the almonds and cookie.
Glaze:
1/2 Cup powdered sugar
1 tsp. almond extract
4-5 tsp. water

No comments:

Post a Comment