Friday, July 2, 2010

http://sonotdonnareed.blogspot.com/2010/06/family-trees.html

I have to admit ~ I wasn't thinking about Father's Day {at all} when I first started this project. I was thinking about the big empty space on the wall in the half bath, and trying to figure out how to fill it. So I bought a big canvas...brought it home...and stared at it. I even bought paint ~ but had no idea what I was going to {do} with it. Stripes? Some other type of pattern? Hmmmm.... A tree? Trees. I'll do some trees. So I started painting the first tree....

Photobucket

And then it hit me...four trees, one for each member of our family! Cute! So I painted four tree trunks, limbs, etc....in varying sizes to represent the hubband, each of the tiny people, and myself. And {then} ~ a moment of brilliance (which doesn't happen often, so I have to celebrate it. ;) ). I'll have the kids use their {fingers} to make some of the leaves & we could give it to the hubband for Father's Day! {squeal!}

Photobucket

I used my finger to make some of my own leaves, too, then filled in the trees with more, brush-painted leaves.

Photobucket

It's not quite done yet. The hubband still needs to do some of the leaves on his tree, and then we'll hang it in the half bath to fill up that big empty wall.

Not too bad for a totally unplanned, {last-minute} Father's Day gift, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment