Friday, March 26, 2010

Fabric Flowers

http://theidearoom.blogspot.com/2010/01/peachycheap-winner-and-fabric-flowers.htmlI simply took 5 different colored polka-dot materials and cut from each a strip that measured 2 inches in width and 12 inches in length. Then I simply folded the strip in half lengthwise and ironed it flat.



Then I sewed down the side with the raw edges a 5/8 inch seam (which was right on the edge of the foot pedal). Then I simply pulled one of the strings on each end to gather the material into a ruffle.



Then I rolled the ruffle up into a circle making sure that all the ends are even.



Take a needle and thread and sew the bunched ends together.



Now turn the flower over and use your needle and thread to sew it together from top to bottom. Be sure to capture any loose ends.



Then I simply figured out where I wanted to place each flower on the shirt. Once you have decided, sew each flower onto the shirt by hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment