Friday, August 13, 2010

blueberry coffeecake

I got the recipe for the coffee cake from my mom. The original coffee cake recipe is from her 1969 Betty Crocker Cookbook, which has a few variations.


Favorite Coffee Cake (Blueberry Buckle version)

Cake Ingredients
2 cups Flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup shortening (I used butter)
3/4 cup milk
1 egg
2 cups well drained blueberries

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease round layer pan, 9x1 1/2 inches, or square pan, 8x8x2 or 9x9x2 inches. (Note: I used a 8x8x2 pan. My mother uses a 9x13 inch pan and bakes for less time. I will probably make it next time in a 9x13) Blend all ingredients except blueberries; beat vigorously for 1/2 minute. Carefully stir blueberries into batter.

Sprinkle Topping (recipe below) over batter in pan. Bake for 45 to 50min. (until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean)

Topping Recipe:
Mix together 1/2 sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/4 cup soft butter.

*A side note: I measured out all of my dry ingredients and left out my butter the night before I made this.

The coffee cake was yummy!! I have frozen blueberries to make another one and some muffins this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment