Saturday, April 17, 2010

Doll Crib

http://infarrantlycreative.blogspot.com/2010/04/roadkill-rescued-doll-crib.html

Today’s project started with a bright blue bench that was handed down to me by a friend. I guess this isn’t true Roadkill Rescue…but Goodwill Rescue just sounded bad ;-) And it was free so that helps to qualify it, right?

IMG_1843 I decided to make it into a doll bed. I thought it would be perfect with the two drawers below to store doll clothes in. IMG_1887 I first cut down the legs with a circular saw…IMG_1872 With my chop saw I cut two 1 x 6’s to size for the sides and two 1 x 4’s for the front and back. IMG_1875 I predrilled my holes through the bench since it was made out of laminate and not real wood.

IMG_1874 Then I screwed the cut wood pieces into the sides, front and back.

IMG_1876 Can you see it yet?

I caulked around all the edges to give it a seamless look. Then I spray primered and painted it with some Sweet Pea by Rustoleum.

Then I cut some foam I had around the house and hot glued some fabric I had around it and secured it in place.

IMG_1882 Of course I had to change out the knobs with some pretty crystal ones.IMG_1881 Now it is the perfect crib for a little princess to rest her babies in.

Now…which one of your locals want to buy it from me?

Email me at tnbfarrant@yahoo.com if you are interested because I already have a doll crib for Kayla and don’t need two.IMG_1883

IMG_1885

IMG_1886

No comments:

Post a Comment