Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Smock

OBG {Art Smock}

Last year, I decided that I needed to make my little guy an art smock. He is very particular about not getting things on his clothes and he doesn't like getting too messy. Sometimes mid-meal he will ask for another spoon/fork because his is "dirty." Crazy kid. I swear this is all him!

I looked around at the cost of oil-cloth. Man is that stuff expensive. It is nice though because you can just wipe it off. I kept looking and realized that I could use an outside tablecloth and it was pretty similar. So I bought a HUGE tablecloth at Walmart for a few bucks. Then I took my smock pattern and cut it out. I felt a bit like a rebel cutting up the tablecloth but in the end, it was all good!This was a really easy project because I just used bias tape for the edges/ties. Now the little guy can do art and not worry about his clothes so much! The nice thing is with my tablecloth, I can make quite a few of these for just a couple dollars each. Not too shabby!! What a fun thing this would be to have for kiddos at a birthday party or something. I also thought about using regular cotton fabric with that sew on vinyl to allow for easy wiping. But this was even faster and WAY cheap!

No comments:

Post a Comment