Saturday, April 17, 2010

Kids Ruffle Apron


The weather was warm and beautiful today. I am loving this week's spring much more than last week's. The extra sunshine completely energizes me! I felt so ambitious this week that I finally braved my first serger project. In preparation for tonight's "boys night out," I stitched a special little gift for the girls to use for our "girl time" party. These sweet little aprons were just what we needed for the girls to help me bake our special dinner treats.

No pattern for this one - I cut a template for the apron body and the pocket out of cardboard so that each apron would be the same. Modeled the look after a Pottery Barn kids apron we have in the playroom. I've only finished these two so far, but my grand plan is to make one for Addie and then a few more for ?? I have been hoarding this fabric for at least a couple years now, trying to decide on a project. I think it just fits these aprons perfectly. And I love the white cotton ruffles.

No comments:

Post a Comment