Wednesday, May 18, 2011

DIY bookshelf from picture frame

http://poppiesatplay.blogspot.com/2011/04/framed-picture-converted-into-hanging.htm
This is actually a refashion of a refashion...

I found this picture for a few dollars a year or so ago and turned it into a colorful magnet board.


In the time that we've had this I think that the kids have used it a total of zero times to hang pictures.
I guess we're just not a magnet board kind of family.


What I was really needing is a bookshelf for my bookworm's room,
so once again I pulled the picture apart.


I measured the size of the frame and cut 6'' pieces of mdf to create box and shelves.


I glued and nailed 3'' pieces to the bottom of the shelves to use as hanging support boards.


After which I tacked the box and shelves into place.


I nailed the frame from the picture onto the front of the bookshelf and painted it all white.


Here she is up on the wall.



I did have to put caulk around the edges to fill a little bit of a gap.


Although it was a fun project, if you don't already have a picture frame or access to an inexpensive one, it would probably be more cost effective just to buy moulding a make a frame yourself.


I'm so excited to have a place for Liv's books!

No comments:

Post a Comment