Wednesday, May 18, 2011

tutus & tulle bows

http://samstermommy.blogspot.com/2009/12/tutus-tutus-everywhere.htmlI don't know how it happened, perhaps there truly is something in the water, but all of my girlfriends have little girls. Instead of going to the store & buying 5 baby dolls I decided to make them all tutus & matching hairbows.These pom pom tutus are Christmas presents for Samster's little Florida friends, Serena & Ava, who we'll be visiting next week. The instructions are just like the ones for the Ice Princess TuTu but with pompoms instead of snowflakes. I saw these at a boutique for $40 the other day & about died. Then I ran across this website selling them for $60! SERIOUSLY?!?

I followed Martha's measurements for Ava's (she's 2) but for Serena's (3 mths) I cut off 4" from the length & shortened the smaller ribbon length to her waistsize plus a few inches for room to grow.
These are for Sam's friends Nicole & Erin. I used the "ten minute tutu" instructions & simply shortened the tulle length for the infant one.

Tutus look ADORABLE stuffed in a giftbag, like a bag of pink frilly goodness!
I think they liked them...Oh! I almost forgot my favorite part! Use your leftover strips for matching hairbows...here's how...
Cut a small strip of tulle to around 3" wide by 6" long & tie it into a bow.Next take a piece of felt & hot glue it to a hairclip.
Trim the felt to the size of the clip & glue bow ontop. That's it!

No comments:

Post a Comment